An aromatic rice dish full of wonderful flavour.
|3||c||Basmati Rice (wash before cooking)|
|2||Chicken Breast (boneless skinless preferably organic grain fed)|
|1||Cinnamon (whole cinnamon stick)|
|1||onion (medium sized)|
|1||Head of garlic (8-10 cloves peeled and washed)|
|1||T||Ginger (freshly grated)|
|2||T||SALT (salt to taste)|
|1||FRESH RED CHILLI|
1)Take cloves, half a stick of cinnamon, cardamom pods and cumin and mix in a coffee grinder for approximatley 13-30 seconds.
Rice: Wash the rice a few times before cooking it. Use 6 cups of water to 3 cups rice in a standard rice cooker.
1) In a saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of oil over high heat.
2) Throw in the cumin and fenugreek seeds allowing them to pop.
3) Add bay leaves and onions and brown the mixture.
4) Once the mixture has browned, add ginger and garlic which has been mixed in a food processor with a half cup of water. Continue cooking until most of the water has evaporated.
5) Add the chicken and stir well until chicken is completely coated with spices.
6) Reduce heat to medium high. Cover and allow chicken to cook for about ten minutes.
7) Add salt and chilli at this point, to taste, and mix well.
8) Add the rice from the rice cooker and mix in Pilau spice as well. Add half the rice and spice at a time so that you mix the spices nicely. Once the rice, chicken and spices have all been mixed, the dish is ready.
9) Plate and serve. Enjoy!